You would have heard about the considerable amounts of debates over merits of services provided by Duct Cleaning Melbourne companies. This may leave you wondering whether you actually need to get your vents cleaned for keeping your house safe and clean or if it’s just something which can be forgone.
Actually, just like everything else which has to do with a building, whether you get the vents cleaned or not is your choice after all? If you debate about the merits, you need to know that the environments protection agency has particular guidelines which recommend the homeowners to get their Ducted Heating Cleaning Melbourne done in case they notice some issue about the systems.
Haven’t used the Ducted Heating Cleaning Melbourne yet?
In case you have been reluctant about utilising the services of Duct Cleaners, reviewing guidelines which have been set by EPA may help you in making a confident and informed choice about the cleanliness and health of your house.
The EPA states that any house owner who notices any of the below issues in their ducting system should get their ducts cleaned immediately:
- Inner surface of air vents or any component of the heating-cooling systems have become visible
- A thorough scrutiny by professionals results in discovery of mould in sections of ducting system which aren’t visible easily
- The ducting system has been infested with rodents or insects
- There’s an excessive amount of dust and dirt build-up in ducts and the build-up is prominent from supply vents and registers
While it can be quite tempting to try cleaning the vents on your own, it is very important for you to know that attempting Duct Cleaning Melbourne is quite dangerous. You don’t have the right knowledge of your system. You might damage the ducting system of your house or you might hurt yourself. This signifies that if you try cleaning the vents on your own, you might even leave behind dust, dirt and debris.
How different professionals perform the job?
There is a huge difference between how different companies perform a healthy cleaning job. But, it is important for every company to perform the basic procedures.
Below are some guidelines which every company should follow:
- Cleaning the furnace and the air conditioner- before starting, the professional would test the system for proper functioning. He would then disconnect power so that he may proceed safely with rest of the process of cleaning.
- Clean the supplies and return the grills and register- the professional cleaner would remove all registers washing them thoroughly with cleanser and then rinsing them in the sink.
- Cleaning the supply- this step is very important to take out a big negative air-machine and then attach it to floor vent.