Residential & Heating Duct Cleaning Services Melbourne
In recent years, residential duct cleaning has become increasingly common, with commercial cleaning services springing up all over. Is the operation, however, worthwhile, or is it a con? With us at Total Duct Cleaning, it is always worth it because our professionals are highly trained. Here are some details to help you determine whether or not your home’s HVAC ducts might benefit from being cleaned.
Duct Cleaning Services
Our professional duct cleaning services clean the supply, intake, and return ducts in your home with advanced blowers, vacuums, and brushes. The air handler, registers, grilles, fans, motors, housings, and coils of the HVAC system should all be thoroughly cleaned as part of the duct cleaning process.
At this time, there is no evidence that regular duct cleaning improves air quality or decreases dust in your home. However, there is evidence that dirty heating and cooling coils, engines, and air handling units will reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system.
Although duct cleaning does not seem important in and of itself, there are occasions when cleaning the HVAC unit and ductwork may be helpful.
Your home’s ducts can be filthy and need cleaning after remodelling.
Should I Have Ducts Cleaned?
It’s easy to persuade homeowners that their ducts need cleaning because of rising worries about indoor air quality. There’s no need to clean ducts unless they’re very filthy. The environmental protection agency takes a similar stance on the subject, advising cleaning only if the ducts and HVAC device are polluted.
Duct cleaning isn’t harmful if done correctly, but it’s not something that should be on your daily home maintenance checklist. Cleaning your ducts and HVAC system is probably not necessary unless:
- Renovation: If your home has been renovated, your ductwork may need to be cleaned, particularly if asbestos was removed, lead paint was removed, or there was a lot of dust. During home repairs, ducts should be sealed off to prevent dangerous dust and debris from being stuck within the ductwork.
- Animals: If you see signs of animal infestation or nesting in your ductwork or HVAC system, have the animals removed and the ductwork and HVAC machine cleaned.
- Mould: The ducts and HVAC system should be cleaned if there is noticeable mould growth within the ductwork.
- Contaminants: After the registers have been washed and vacuumed, the ducts may need to be cleaned if visible dirt, pet hair, odours, or other pollutants are being released into the room through the ducts.
- Illness: If a member of your family is suffering from an unexplained allergy-related illness and you’ve tried everything else to decontaminate your house, you should have your ducts cleaned to see if the HVAC system is to blame.
Total Duct Cleaning guarantees the best maintenance services for heating duct cleaning Melbourne wide. We use advanced technologies for better and efficient cleaning processes, and that is the reason why we have been a leading name in the industry for years now!